Friday, September 5, 2014
Georgia Tech's Sixth Annual Diversity Symposium
Acheiving Inclusive Excellence: Challenges and Opportunities
Hosted at the Global Learning Center Auditorium- Room 236 and,
the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center Ballroom
The Georgia Tech Diversity Symposium provides a forum for robust, informed and civil discussion and dialogue among faculty, staff, and students about issues related to building and sustaining an inclusive and welcoming campus community. Each year, we sponsor a variety of lectures, panels, and workshops focused on issues and concerns that we as a community can address to support our vision for inclusive excellence.
Georgia Tech embraces Inclusive Excellence as an important element of our vision for being a leading technological University in the 21st century. From these conversations, we learn how the experiences of the members of our community compare with our aspirations and help us identify future diversity goals.
The primary audiences of the symposium are institutional leaders, faculty, and staff who have responsibilities for faculty and staff hiring and student academic success. At the annual symposium, we hear from the many diverse voices that make up our community as we continue our efforts to make Georgia Tech a world-class research university and a vibrant and inclusive community for everyone.
We invite all members of our campus community to participate and contribute to the dialogue and discussions as a way to make your voices heard as we work together to build “one Georgia Tech” that values and respects everyone’s contributions.
- To create a climate and culture of inclusion where diversity is valued and embraced.
- To provide a forum for creative exchange among institutional leadership, diversity experts, faculty, administrators and students as a way to open the lines of continued conversation.
- To increase senior level leadership engagement with faculty, staff and students about the importance of diversity to our future aspirations.
- G. P. “Bud” Peterson, Ph.D., President
- Archie Ervin, Ph.D., Vice President for Institute Diversity
- Diversity Symposium Committee